Updated Look at 2007 Bubble Teams
Updated Look at Bubble Teams for 2007
Last two years' predictions -
2006: 63/65 teams
2005: 65/65 teams
TEAMS THAT I THINK ARE LOCKS/AUTOBIDS (parenthesis contain total number of bids for the conference; the first number is the locks and the second number is the total bids the conference will get as of right now)
Am East(1/1) - Vermont
ACC(6/7) - UNC, VaTech, Virginia, BC, Duke, Maryland
A. Sun(1/1) - BELMONT
A-10(1/1) - Xavier
Big East(6/7) - Georgetown, Pitt, Louisville, Notre Dame, Marquette, Syracuse
Big Sky(1/1) - Weber State
Big South(1/1) - WINTHROP
Big Ten(4/6) - tOSU, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan State
Big 12(3/4) - Texas, Kansas, Texas A&M
Big West(1/1) - Long Beach State
CAA(1/2) - Virginia Commonwealth
CUSA(1/1) - Memphis
Horizon(1/1) - Butler
Ivy(1/1) - PENN
MAAC(1/1) - Marist
MAC(1/1) - Toledo
MCC(1/1) - ORU
MEAC(1/1) - Delaware State
MVC(1/3) - S. Illinois
MWC(1/3) - BYU
NEC(1/1) - Monmouth
OVC(1/1) - Central Conn
Patriot(1/1) - Holy Cross
Pac-10(5/6) - UCLA, Washington St., Arizona, USC, Oregon
SEC(4/5) - Florida, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee
Southern(1/1) - Appalachian State
Southland(1/1) - Sam Houston State
SWAC(1/1) - Jackson State
Sun Belt(1/1) - Western Kentucky
WCC(1/1) - Gonzaga
WAC(1/1) - Nevada
BOLD TEAMS WON THEIR CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT
TEAMS THAT I THINK ARE ON THE BUBBLE
So here's who I have on the Bubble... 12 spots are up for grabs
Those teams IN are noted with an asterisk (*).
Georgia Tech *
Texas Tech *
Missouri State *
Air Force *
San Diego St
- If Memphis loses in the CUSA Tourney, that league will get two bids.
- If Nevada loses in the WAC TOurney, that league will get two bids.
- If Butler loses in the Horizon Tourney, that league will get two bids.
- If Xavier loses in the A-10 Tourney, the league will probably get two bids.
- It looks as if the Colonial might get 2 bids, it would help Iowa if they only got one.
- If the locks in mid-majors take care of business in their conference tournaments, there might be room for Iowa looking at the current bubble teams.
This will be updated periodically, esp. when the conference tournaments are played.